Who doesn’t love Burgers? I am sure everybody does. Have you ever tried Pulled Pork burger? Well, maybe anyone living in Europe would have tried it. Personally I am not a fan of the pulled pork burger but I have seen some people really crave for this burger, but what about vegetarian or vegan people out there? Yes… you are right, this recipe is a classical vegan alternative to the pulled pork version and tastes extremely delicious. And it’s trending!!! Also, it is among the healthy, easy to make and delicious burgers. So let’s try it out. Me and my friends tried this recipe in one of our cooking sessions and since the recipe was written in german, I thought about translating it in English.
For the Barbeque Sauce:
Vegetable Stock 100ml
Ketchup 2 Tbsp
Sugar Syrup 2 Tbsp
Orange Juice 3 Tbsp
Soya sauce 1 Tbsp
Worcestershire Sauce 2 teasp.
Red Chilli Powder or Paprika powder 2 teasp.
Pepper powder 1 teasp.
Coriander powder 1 teasp.
Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and your Barbeque sauce is ready.
300g ripe Jackfruit
2 Tbsp Oil
1 medium size onion
3 garlic cloves
- Finely chop the onion and garlic cloves and add them to the heating oil in the pan.
- Cut the jackfruit in small cubes. Add the jackfruit cubes to the caramelized onion in the pan after approx.5 min.
- Increase the heat and fry the jackfruit cubes for 4-5 more minutes.
- After that, add the barbeque sauce mixture that we prepared and let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes. (Tip: Add the sauce in parts time to time to get the feeling for the thickness of the mixture. It should be not too fluidic but also not dry.
- When the mixture is simmered and the sauce almost thickened, start plucking(or pulling) the jackfruit with the help of fork.
- At last serve this with Salads, toppings and sauces on a burger bun.
Tips: Whiskey gives a special flavor to the sauce. For extra savory, 20 ml of Bourbon whiskey could be added to the sauce. The pulled jackfruit can also be roasted in oven for 8-10min to have a caramelized flavor.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]